Beef and Beer Casserole
This classic recipe will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. It can be made with the cheapest cuts of meat and the flavour is to die for.
You will need
- 1 brown onion
- 1 carrot
- 4-5 celery sticks
- 50gm grassfed butter
- 1 bottle of ZERO carb Big Head Beer (or the lowest carb beer available in your area)
- 1 large swede (rutabaga) cut into 2cm cubes
- 1.5 kg of cubed stewing beef (chuck, gravy beef, shank etc)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (no added sugar)
- 500ml of beef bone broth (or good organic stock)
- In butter brown diced onion, carrot and celery using a heavy base dutch oven over medium/high heat.
- Deglaze pan with beer. Be sure to scrape up all those brown goodies... thats flavour right there.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine then place covered in a low oven 120°C-150°C for 8 - 12 hours.
- Serve with roast pumpkin and cauliflower mash.