Fat Head Pizza Recipe
It's near impossible to have been around LCHF for without coming across this beauty. Fat Head Pizza! A delicious, low carb, high fat pizza recipe that will leave you satisfied and nourished every time. This recipe originally came from the folks that produced the Fat Head Movie, the story of a comedian who loses weight while on a fast food diet to prove what we know about obesity is wrong.
Here's how you can easily make your own Fat Head Pizza at home tonight... This recipe will make two medium pizzas.
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour/Meal
- 50gm Cream Cheese Cubed
- 1 Egg Lightly Whisked
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pink Rock Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Mixed Italian Herbs
- Grease Proof Paper Lined Oven Tray
- In a medium microwave proof bowl heat mozzarella & cream cheese for 1 minute in the microwave. Stir and heat for a further 30 seconds. CAUTION This will be VERY HOT!
- Stir in egg, almond meal and seasonings until it comes together as a dough.
- With damp hands divide the dough into 2 portions and press out with damp finger tips onto the oven tray. The thinner the better at this point.
- Prick bases all over with for then place into a preheated 220°C/425°F until they begin to brown (around 10-15mins). You may need to re-prick with a fork half way through this time if the dough bubbles too much.
- Remove from oven, flip bases over and top with your favourite Low Carb, High Fat pizza toppings and cheese then return to oven until cooked through.
- Enjoy your delicious creation.
Some of our favourite toppings are...
- Unsweetened Tomato Paste
- Shredded Ham
- Browned Ground Beef
- Roast Chicken
- Pulled Pork
- Diced Tomato
- Finely Sliced Spanish Onion
- Baby Spinach
- Sliced Mushrooms