Perfect LCHF Mash
Our Roast Pumpkin and Cauliflower mash is a real favourite around our town. Not just in our household but with our regular LCHF guests that pop over for dinner.
Growing up our dinner plate wasn't complete without a big spoon of mashed potatoes. Obviously with our new lifestyle this mash has had to fade away to be a distant memory. It's replacement however is actually in my mind a far superior mash and it's so simple to make.
- 1-2 large heads of cauliflower
- 1/4 kent pumpkin
- 100gm grassfed butter
- Ground Smoked Paprika
- Olive Oil
- Start by deseeding, peeling and chopping your pumpkin.
- Place on an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Roast in a hot oven (180°C-200°C) until beautifully browned. Around 1-2hrs depending on oven and pumpkin.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place into a large saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a simmer until the cauli is almost cooked through.
- Drain cauliflower and put on an oven tray and roast for 15-30mins. (You can skip this step if you like but it does dry the cauli out a bit giving a better mash consistency at the end.
- Place roasted pumpkin and cauliflower back into the large sauce pan along with butter.
- Blitz with stick blender until you have a smooth mash.