Panna Cotta w Lemon Curd and Gingerbread Crumb
This light and refreshing Low Carb/Keto Panna Cotta is so simple to make it's sure to become a regular on your menu. Served with our tangy Lemon Curd and Gingerbread Crumb it's one of those desserts even your non-lchf friends will be requesting the recipe for.
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 400ml Pure Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Xylitol
- 100ml Boiling Water
- 2 Teaspoons Gelatine Powder
- Dissolve gelatine into boiled water and set aside.
- Combine cream, zest, vanilla and xylitol in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to boil while stirring.
- Once the cream mix comes to the boil immediately turn off stove but leave saucepan on heat for one further minute.
- Combine cream mix with gelatine water, stir well then pour into 6 Panna Cotta dishes. (We used silicon egg poaching cups for easy unmolding)
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Clove
- 3 Teaspoons Xylitol
- 2/3 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 50gm Melted Grassfed Butter
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly then make a well in the middle.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well to form a dough consistency.
- Press dough out onto a baking sheet to around 5mm thickness.
- Bake for 10-15mins until well browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking into crumbs with fingers.
- 125gm Butter
- 2 Lemons
- 1/3 Cup Xylitol
- 6 Egg Yolks
- Melt 125gm butter in a saucepan along with the zest of two lemons.
- Dissolve 1/3 Cup of xylitol in the juice from two lemons and then add this to the saucepan of melted butter and bring to heat.
- Whisk 6 egg yolks in a heat-proof bowl then slowly add hot butter mix into the egg yolks. Do not stop whisking.
- Once combined return curd to saucepan over medium heat and whisk til thickened.
- Remove from heat and pass through a strainer.