Pulled Pork & Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 2kg pork boneless shoulder
- (ask for skin separate for crackling)
- 2 onions (sliced thinly)
- 1.5 cups organic chicken stock or bone broth
- 2 teaspoons pink salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with the onion.
- Pour over the chicken stock.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl, and rub the pork shoulder with the spice mix.
- Place the pork shoulder on top of the onions in the slow cooker, and cook on low heat for 8-12 hours.
- Carefully remove the pork shoulder from the slow cooker.
- Strain the remaining liquid to separate onions from stock.
- Shred (pull) the pork apart using two forks.
- Mix the onions and the pulled pork evenly, and add some juices until it's moist (but not wet).
- Serve with steamed cauliflower and a side of sour cream & butter.
A wonderful side to the pulled pork or even the mexican mince is Telaine's Cream Cheese Pancakes.
Simply take 125gm Cream Cheese softened and mixed with 4 organic eggs. That is all it takes to make these beauties. Mix well and cook like normal pancakes.