Lemon Curd on Coconut-Almond Scones
We are NOT deprived with this lifestyle we just have to get creative.
Derek's LCHF Lemon Curd
- Melt 125gm unsalted butter in a saucepan along with the zest from two lemons.
- Dissolve 1/3cup of xylitol in the juice from two lemons and then add this to the saucepan of melted butter and bring to heat.
- Whisk 6 egg yolks in a heat proof bowl then slowly add hot butter mix into the egg yolks. Do not stop whisking.
- Once combined return to saucepan over medium heat and whisk til thickened.
- Remove from heat and pass through a strainer.
Fluffy Coconut & Almond 'Scones'
- Beat six egg whites in a clean bowl.
- Slowly add 3 tablespoons of xylitol and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract then beat till peaks form.
- Add 3/4 unsweetened desiccated coconut & 1 cup of almond meal. Beat on low till combined.
- Place tablespoon drops of batter onto a lined oven tray.
- Bake in 200°C pre heated oven until brown.